Placemaking Across Realities: Building Better Cities with Immersive Tech
Join Spectra Cities at Cornell Tech, where Spectra and JUMP founder Ryan Rzepecki will keynote a panel discussion hosted by Numena CEO Andreea Ion Cojocaru and Urban Tech Fellow Greg Lindsay on how immersive and mixed reality technologies are shaping the future of cities.
Part of Cornell Tech’s Metaverse Metropolis series.
About Spectra Cities
Spectra is where physical placemakers and digital worldbuilders come together to build this century’s most ambitious urban projects. Spectra’s toolkit and design process can support projects from single sites, to infill developments, up to a city of 1M+ people. Spectra believes that
The Spectra community undertakes projects that become part of a CC0 repository available to everyone, everywhere. The repository is accessible in two formats: as a downloadable asset pack of city parts and as an immersive virtual experience we call the Source City.
Spectra Cities is launching an open source urban prototyping community for imagining urban futures. From January 17th, Spectra will be hosting online tours of an immersive virtual experience called the Source City. A toolkit of 3D Assets from Spectra’s initial urban concept is available for free now at www.spectracities.com under a creative commons zero license.
- Ryan Rzepecki | Founder, Spectra Cities
- Andreea Ion Cojocaru |Co-founder, NUMENA
- Greg Lindsay| Urbanist, Futurist, Urban Tech Fellow, Cornell Tech
- Nigel Jacob | Chief Innovation Officer, Boston Society for Architecture
- Katrina Johnston-Zimmerman | Urban Anthropologist, Data Fellow with the City of Philadelphia
- Alex Coulombe | XR-chitect, CEO, Agile Lens: Immersive Design
Schedule | Tuesday, March 21st
Verizon Executive Education Center, Cornell Tech
- 3:00p.m. – Preamble
- 3:15p.m. – Intro
- 3:45p.m. – Panel Discussion & Q&A
- 5:00p.m. – Happy Hour (Cash bar @ Nearby Venue)