HYROX New York Day 1
HYROX is the World Series of Fitness Racing running accessible mass-participation fitness races across the globe. This will be the first time HYROX delivers a 2-day event in the US to meet popular demand following an exponential boom in participation during the 22/23 season. Since its inception in 2017, HYROX has garnered a dedicated and growing global audience, who have flocked to the experiential fitness phenomenon, with participation increasing more than 100% in 22/23, and a 127.5% increase in Google searches.
How HYROX works:
- In a HYROX, everyone worldwide competes in the same race in the same format
- HYROX is the first event to bridge the gap between traditional endurance events and functional fitness by combining running with functional movements in a standardised format
- The competition starts with a 1km run, followed by one functional movement, and repeats eight times
- Athletes can sign up for different race categories, making it accessible no matter what level of fitness you’re at
- Individual – take on the standard HYROX for a challenging but achievable race for everyone
- Individual Pro – For the experienced racer, heavier weights make for a more challenging experience
- Pairs – find a partner and take on the challenge as a pair splitting the workload across the event
- Relay Teams – perfect for gyms, companies, and other groups, split the work up between 4 people for the fastest and most accessible version of the race
- HYROX provides a balanced and healthy training method and competition that prioritises cardiovascular performance with strength under fatigue.
- Participants are ranked worldwide and have the opportunity to compete at the culmination of the season, the HYROX World Championships.